Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Slimy Tunnels

Sometimes pushing through hard times is a good way to learn, but sometimes learning is simply not enough. There comes a point where confusion can no longer be justified. It is this point where it is demanded of us to get back up from whatever brought us down.

I was talking to my good friend Tom a few nights ago sipping some coffee late at night talking about how things were going. I had told him many things that have occured earlier this semester and the setbacks that i had during. I particularly mentioned the lack of passion and the continual drain of hope that i had experienced in the pasy few months. Tom nodded his head and looked at me sympathectically. Then he asked a few probing questions like "what does that mean?" or "what did you learn?" But then he suggested something that rendered me silent for a moment/ He asked what i was going to do now.

After a while of making it through difficult times, it is hard to decide what you are going to do with the present circumstances. I had no no idea that i was obligated to do anything. I thought that i had pulled through and made it to the otherside, but if the point of the making it through a slimy, dark, depressing tunnel with rats and spiders was just so i could walk out the otherside and sit on the ground, then maybe i should re consider going through tunnels in the first place. If this is the case, tunnels suck and we should avoid them.

Funny thing is, we cannot avoid them.

Luckily, beauty can be found within these tunnels, but more importantly, beauty is found on the other side. Too many times have i sat down as soon as i make it through one. We need to press on and and enjoy the fruit of our patience sometimes. Sounds funny, but after habituating full-blown patience for a long time, it comes as a shock to actually get to enjoy something.

Practically, i need to plug myself into a program that can help me get involved in something that i love. I can't just sit around and get comfortable again. That's how this whole mess started in the first place! Sometimes, we need to get back up.

Love, Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment